Custom Search

10.03.2007

"I was just making smalltalk"

Dropping in, dropping something off.

I came across on Grrl Genius that I wanted to share with all of you. It's coincidental that she mentions it at this very moment. I decided to comment on her post and respond with depth here. I left: "There is no smalltalk at 10:00 pm."

My comment is the conclusion of a discussion. No matter what you're doing at 10:00 in the evening, any conversation that happens at this hour (or any time past it) is more than just "smalltalk."

For example:
It's 11:00 P.M. and I get a text message and it reads...
"Hey, what are you up to?"
"Hun, there's no smalltalk at 11:00."

Another example: It's 2:00 A.M. and a text message comes through and it reads...
"Hey, are you up?"
"Hun, there's no smalltalk @ 2 in the morning."

See where I'm going with this? Is anyone "smalltalking" at those late hours? Early-early mornings? Check my blog times, notice the late hour and thus the final post.

1 comment:

Mr.Carl.Lee said...

Somewhat related... well, not the whole article just the last part.

Don't Drunk Text.