Custom Search

9.15.2005

Tipping on pre-cognition (...negative?)

So I presented my font (for Architecture), by the way... that's what we're working on, and I must say it was just satisfactory. Apparently (after talking to a few classmates), I came off as defensive and not taking well to criticism. I guess my only real rebuttal would be that I already knew the flaws in my work and I had an explanation for it. For example, I didn't like the material I was using and how it was reacting to my marking utensil. When someone said something about my work, I had already pre-thought an answer to how I would answer such a question. At the end of the class... I said something that was very "bold" to say, I said "you can't tell me something that I already thought of." Yeah... that didn't go over well. But realistically, I did see the flaws in my work and I pre-thought my answer to the question. Isn't that what they tell you to prepare for? Me, and my analytical ass, apparently went a little overboard. But really, nothing was said that I didn't think of last night as I was doing it or as I was looking it over. And plus, I stand by the design of my font and will defend it until the end or else I'd scrap the whole design unless it can be improved upon-then there is an exception. I'm always willing to see a different view, and I do believe I am open to criticism. Perhaps someone's view of the world or something as simple as why they prefer something over another. If something is shown to me that I didn't notice before, I'm hungry for it. Like the saying goes... "Hungry for knowledge, here it is... EAT IT!" I guess I do that many times with other things, for example in a normal conversation let's say that someone says "hey what are you up to," I may answer with "oh just hanging about... about to do some work... pretty much in architecture... but after that I'm free to do something if you wanna." Hopefully you can see the questions that would fit in between my words (what are you doing later? what kind of work? when you gonna be done with that?). But it's like I thought the conversation out and gave the final point all in one verse. I guess when I conduct a conversation and its meaningful (or going to be used beyond today's date) I slow down. Like if I was talking about Philosophy... I’d slow down the process and let those expected questions be asked. But if the conversation is about shallow topics or gossip I just skip of the wasted breath. Maybe that's why I don't conversate well with some certain individuals... Something to think about later on. "I believe I see things 10 steps ahead of the average."

This kinda goes to the comment that was mentioned by b. I believe that I am the hardest on myself because I am my own worst enemy. It brings me to the point of hating the fact that I am human (automatically, I'm flawed). I would love to be essentially perfect, but the fact that I don't know something or about a certain subject tears me apart. And really there can't be two perfect beings (given that God exists and God is perfect, well get into that some other day) because that might throw off the balance in the universe. But remember what Descartes says, even if you can't be perfect you can always try. Even though he sees the world as perfect... why then would you encourage to be better, wouldn't that throw off the balance. I would say that Descartes believed that only a few would listen and therefore it would balance out. If some were deliberately bad vs. those that were trying to achieve better, then it would remain balanced. Alright off of that tangent, back to the question from b. Yeah, by choice I prefer to be my own worst enemy. No one thinks less of me, more than I think less of myself. I would rather have it; I hate myself more than someone else hates me. That makes sense to you out there in cyberspace?

Anyways y'all... I'm gettin' kinda hungry so Imma eat and I'll probably be back posting later tonight... possibly-No promises though, I only promise what I can manage.

2 comments:

Mr.Carl.Lee said...

thank you for the encouraging spam... makes me a part of the family

steakified said...

Carl, Carl, Carl...
Take the spam as a compliment, it just means the spammer took time to spam you. As for the post, dewd, sometimes you think too much. I know you're in a time where things are a whirlwind and everything's moving so fast, so many people, so many things to do, so many girls to do...:), but take it all in and remember to exhale, else it'll stay with you and really no one likes a 40 year old college kid...