Custom Search

7.17.2008

Starting Tonight...

The day has arrived. At midnight, The Dark Knight hits theaters across the country and the nation will be re-introduced to Batman. And to be honest, for as much as I've done I still think I'm underselling it. All the people I've talked to and all the things I've said about the feature, I don't think I've found the words to appropriately discuss how powerful this is going to be. And not just for the comic book genre, that's an added bonus, but for the film industry. I've waited and waited for a time when content was king, in the summer again. The summer has become a series of popcorn movies; "fun", "amusing", and "entertaining" have been the words to describe them. And I've wanted "compelling", "powerful" and "compelling" to dominate the silver screen. Finally, that day has arrived and the Knight will be Dark.

Cinemablend
An ensemble political thriller as much as it is a tale of revenge and derring-do, The Dark Knight is a wondrous, terrifying epic.

Film School Rejects
"What I will say is that The Dark Knight is easily the most well-crafted superhero movie that I have ever seen, one that transcends genre, on a scale that is as epic as they come and with performances that will shake you to your core."

IGN
"The great triumph of The Dark Knight is that it manages for the first time ever in the history of the genre to transplant comic book theatrics into the real world – and moreover, to examine precisely what it could mean if a person decided to strap on a super-suit and start attacking the world's criminals."

Rolling Stone
"The haunting and visionary Dark Knight soars on the wings of untamed imagination."

Variety

"An ambitious, full-bodied crime epic of gratifying scope and moral complexity, this is seriously brainy pop entertainment that satisfies every expectation raised by its hit predecessor and then some."

No comments: